Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

WORKING VALENTINE WEEKEND LOS ANGELES STYLE

Saturday Feb. 12, 2011
I went to The Key Club at 1pm on Sunset Blvd. to a songwriters seminar. Only 2 hrs. Seal and Cee Lo Green spoke amongst others. They've written big hit songs. I did not know that Cee Lo  wrote "Don't Cha" for Pussycat Dolls. Other songwriters here wrote for Bruno, Britney, Miley, Katy Perry, Beyonce and more...
My only gripe with the organizers is that in standing in a room full of songwriters and creative music people, why isn't there a get-to-know one another in the room moment? My next new collaborator could be next to me but how do I know it? How do you meet 200 people in that room?

Later, I took off to Universal City to The Jon Lovitz Comedy Club. I had to open for Funny Lady Judy Tenuta. The staff at the club was soooooo nice. The sound system was wonderful. I decided that since it was Black History month that I would be a black woman so my routine was:

1. God Bless the Child (voices of...Billie Holiday, Eartha Kitt, Diana Ross)
2. Private Dancer: Tina Turner
3. I Try: Macy Gray




From the back of the house. Judy on stage. Sorry for the blurry.
Judy was hilarious and tore up the place. It was a nice evening with Judy Tenuta. I felt she was on a good roll - in a good groove with the audience.
Backstage after show. Judy and Jimmy.
Shot from outside Jon Lovitz Comedy Club looking out towards Universal Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment