Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 15, 2011

SUMMER SUN CONCERT SERIES! They wanna extend me!

SUMMER SUN CONCERT SERIES! 
Every SATURDAY in August 2011, 9pm (sharp).
The PALMS BAR & SHOW LOUNGE

This past Saturday was fun. Legendary Warhol Superstar Holly Woodlawn stopped by unexpectedly. Also in the house was legendary music producer Bob Esty (Take Me Home, Last Dance, Enough Is Enough...). Also some television industry people came and my former publicist Scott Barton.
.................................................
Set List:
SUMMER SUN (Jimmy James original)
HISTORY REPEATING (Shirley Bassey)
3 SISTER DIVAS "GOD BLESS THE CHILD" (Billie Holiday, Eartha Kitt, Diana Ross)
SWEET DREAMS (Patsy Cline)
CHER MEDLEY
PRIVATE DANCER (Tina Turner)
LOVE IS A LOSING GAME (work-in-progress Amy Winehouse)
KISSING A FRAUD (Jimmy James original)
U DON'T BRING ME FLOWERS (Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond)
8 DIVAS "I've Got It Bad" Dance Mix (8 voices in 1 song)
FASHIONISTA (Jimmy James original)
...........................................................

The club is set up very well for me. The sound is good, there's a follow spot, a cute stage, a video screen, a fan that blows on me during the show and the club is in my neighborhood...what else could I want? They actually want to extend me so I have a lot to think about. It would be quite a commitment.
It is luxurious to have a place to keep my timing and voice worked-out. I always need a work-shop to practice. I had a place like this for 5 years in NYC and it was very valuable to have a place to try out new material.

No comments:

Post a Comment