Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 13, 2014

"SPLIT/ PERSONALITY" WAS A HIT!

I ventured out into some new material and I triumphed. I performed Feb. 7 & 8 at Casita del Campo's CAVERN CLUB THEATER. The first night was shaky for me. I was so nervous. But by the 8th I edited out the things that did not work and I delivered a tight fun show. No longer than 1 hour. Here's the set list:
Who Wants To Be Your Lover / video with JIMMY JAMES live.
EMOTION - SAMANTHA SANG with The BEE GEES
SINGLE LADIES - LIZA
IS THAT ALL THERE IS - JIMMY/PEGGY LEE (comedy)
NOBODY DOES IT BETTER - imagining CHER singing a Bond Song
SKYFALL - ADELE
CRYING GAME - JIMMY w blond wig & boa / BOY GEORGE TRIBUTE
VIDEO...JIMMY JAMES as MARILYN / 1988
JUDY GARLAND/ BARBRA STREISAND / GET HAPPY...
8 DIVAS
.........
ENCORES:
I'VE WRITTEN A LETTER TO DADDY - BETTE DAVIS
HISTORY REPEATING - SHIRLEY BASSEY


"Nobody Does It Better" was in a perfect pitch for Cher. Several ovations.
Samantha Sang threw everybody off and they seemed really into it, singing along.
Liza was funny too.
The Peggy Lee with a Jimmy story was funny.
Etc... I had fun.


 Nathan & Sean came to the show... BTW They are wearing ginormous platform shoes. The picture makes me look short. Really short!

Mariano & Gary came to the show.
Casita in the day time. You can't tell from this pic, but it's very big inside. The dressing room is underneath the potted plants.


50 Years! That's my car on the right.


Before the paint. NERVOUS! NEW  songs. New Voices.

Just about to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment