Thursday, February 13, 2014

"SPLIT/ PERSONALITY" WAS A HIT!

I ventured out into some new material and I triumphed. I performed Feb. 7 & 8 at Casita del Campo's CAVERN CLUB THEATER. The first night was shaky for me. I was so nervous. But by the 8th I edited out the things that did not work and I delivered a tight fun show. No longer than 1 hour. Here's the set list:
Who Wants To Be Your Lover / video with JIMMY JAMES live.
EMOTION - SAMANTHA SANG with The BEE GEES
SINGLE LADIES - LIZA
IS THAT ALL THERE IS - JIMMY/PEGGY LEE (comedy)
NOBODY DOES IT BETTER - imagining CHER singing a Bond Song
SKYFALL - ADELE
CRYING GAME - JIMMY w blond wig & boa / BOY GEORGE TRIBUTE
VIDEO...JIMMY JAMES as MARILYN / 1988
JUDY GARLAND/ BARBRA STREISAND / GET HAPPY...
8 DIVAS
.........
ENCORES:
I'VE WRITTEN A LETTER TO DADDY - BETTE DAVIS
HISTORY REPEATING - SHIRLEY BASSEY


"Nobody Does It Better" was in a perfect pitch for Cher. Several ovations.
Samantha Sang threw everybody off and they seemed really into it, singing along.
Liza was funny too.
The Peggy Lee with a Jimmy story was funny.
Etc... I had fun.


 Nathan & Sean came to the show... BTW They are wearing ginormous platform shoes. The picture makes me look short. Really short!

Mariano & Gary came to the show.
Casita in the day time. You can't tell from this pic, but it's very big inside. The dressing room is underneath the potted plants.