Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 16, 2009

IT'S LIKE I"M ON VALIUM...


I relish my time off. I get lots of sleep and work on my own time. If only I could afford to take a whole year off, I would. I have so many projects that I can work on in San Antonio. For starters I need to clear out my storage unit. I also have so many more videos to add on YouTube.

I just recently uploaded my performance as Betty Page (1996) on to YouTube.
1996! Yikes! Time flies! I barely remember this performance but thank goodness I had a friend record it. It was the one and only time I've ever done a Betty Page. Do you remember 1996?! Hardly anyone had a computer and there was NO YouTube! I think I pulled off the 'look' and 'moves' pretty well considering I didn't really know what I was doing. Now that I can look up Betty Page on YouTube, I think some of my moves were pretty close to hers. This night took place at the famous Tuesday night 'Jackie 60' nightclub. Every week was a different theme. It was in New York City's Meat Packing District at the corner of 14th Street & Washington. Back then this area was stinky and seedy but now it's the glamorous home of exclusive shops & restaurants like: Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartny, Pastis, Jeffery and others...

I also uploaded my behind the scenes filming for the Erasure music video "Rock Me Gently (12/1996)." We made a looooong treck to Malaga, Spain from London. First we flew from London to Malaga then drove 3 hours out to nowhere. We could have shot this shit in Palm Springs, CA. LOL! Why did we have to go so far away to this bizarre and desolate location??? LOL! Everybody there was constantly smoking something... There's a whole chapter I could write about this ordeal with Erasure but I won't go into it right now.

One morning I tried to go jogging before shooting and as I went out about a quarter mile, wild dogs came running after me! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I was terrified and ran as fast as I could back to the shitty hotel and stayed in my room. No jogging for me in Malaga, Spain.

I also uploaded unedited performances (2007) of my show "DIVAS ARE FOREVER" at Helen's Hideaway room (a cabaret) in New York City in heart of Chelsea. I loved this room so much. Unfortunately it's now closed. The audience on this night was kinda dead but I was sold out. They wake up more towards the end of the show. I don't like my makeup. Especially the eyeshadow...it was too muddy that night.

What's been put up on YouTube is only a tiny tip of the iceberg. I have TONS more video from my career. I really could take a year off here in San Antonio and still not be done with all the projects I could do.

I fly back to Los Angeles October 30th.


JIMMY JAMES as BETTY PAGE 1996


JIMMY JAMES as MARILYN MONROE. Behind the Scenes making of Erasure music video.


"DIVAS ARE FOREVER!" Part 1 JIMMY JAMES LIVE in New York City 2007

More of me on YouTube. My channel is: 'ONEANDMANYJIMMYJAMES'

No comments:

Post a Comment