Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 30, 2009

H1N1!!! SWINE FLU! Sad Turkey day :(

Well, I was feeling really good and healthy. I was back to running (I took October off and did not run) and really enjoying myself here in Southern Cali. I flew out to Columbus, OH (Oct. 20) to do a gig at Wall Street Nightclub (Oct. 21). My voice was so good and because they have video screens all over the club, I did my full multi-media show. The crowd seemed to be loving me. I had fun.

I had been stuggling that day with an annoying little cough. Actually the cough started in LA on Friday my travel day. After Saturday night's show when I finally got to bed, the next day I woke up very fluish. OH MY GOD! Please don't tell me I have to travel like this.

I was able to find a window seat to lean against and doze off and on for the long flight back.

I paid the cab driver extra to take my bags up one flight of stairs because I was too weak to do it myself. I collapsed in my bed and proceeded to have a miserable week of illness.
I caught the H1N1 SWINE FLU! The next 2 days were the roughest because I was delirious and sleeping a lot. I constantly drank my water which was by my bed at all times.

Thanksgiving was sad. I stayed at home all by myself just watching TV. My roommate spent the night at her friend's house. The Swine flu is a good diet because you don't feel like eating anything. But you feel miserable.

Today is Monday and I'm up and about slowly. Baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you got sick. I actually have a tickle in my throat & I am a little worried that I will catch something. I am drinking lots of fluids & trying to get a good nights sleep. Love you my friend. Get Well Soon

    ReplyDelete