Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The ABBEY West Hollywood & I got GLEE'D!

I performed this past Monday May 17, at the famous ABBEY CLUB in West Hollywood on Robertson. Candis Cayne asked me to fill in for her night because she had to go to Atlanta to shoot a LIFETIME movie for TV.

The crowd was packed and really really holding on and not leaving the room. Attention spans can be very short at this type of venue. My voice was in rare form as I sang:
Famous
Where Is My Man..Eartha Kitt
The Man I Love........ Judy Garland / Billie Holiday
Cher Medly
I'm Not A Girl.....Britney Spears
Evergreen..........Barbra Streisand (it came out xtra good)
I Try.................Macy Gray
8 Divas..............8 voices in 1 song
Fashionista

It was so much fun and reminded me of my days in New York City in the West Village when I used to play once a week for 5 years at a little club called PIECES (6th Ave. & Christopher St.).
I used it as a workshop to practice my skills.

I goofed around and talked about current events. It was a little bit stand-up and music too. Some performance art too where I kinda make the audience feel kind of uncomfortable then bring it back to comedy and relieve them. Thanks Candis for letting me fill in!


I GOT GLEE'D!



The latest discovery of FASHIONISTA usage. These kids are GREAT! Big smile from me and I definitely approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment