Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

PALM SPRINGS this WEEKEND! A LITTLE MM RANT. WHOOPS.

Packing today for my trip to Palm Springs tomorrow (Fri. 1/28).
I perform:
SATURDAY / JAN. 29 / 9PM
BLAME IT ON MIDNIGHT
777 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262

(760)323-1200



I'm especially happy today because I was blessed with a royalty check for my music!
I'm very grateful. I love making money while I'm laying in bed...just like the good ol' days...LOL!


Getting a royalty check in the mail for my OWN music means so much to me. It gives me validation. I'm validated for all the effort, blood, sweat and tears I've put into making my own expression happen. I still get asked all the time to do Marilyn Monroe again. But the truth is I did it for about 17 years. That's a lot of time. And although I was the best in the world at recreating her, it still never felt as good as it does now to get paid for my own original work.
No one can take my own creation away from me. If someone wants to record 'Fashionista' or any other song from 'JAMESTOWN' I will be paid. When my music gets on to a commercial or a movie or a TV show - I get paid.


If I ever try to do Marilyn for a commercial - I get sued.


I don't own anything of Marilyn Monroe. If anyone wants to impersonate her go ahead. Be my guest. I did it for as long as I could. I gave it the best years of my youth and it only went so far. I was threatened with lawsuits and threatened with her estate lawyer to pay commissions for all my little club dates...give me a break! How sad to be so young, beautiful and talented yet so blocked from success. No thanks you can keep all that shit. Keep it all. I don't want it.


I'm proud of my Marilyn Years but prouder of MY OWN MUSIC.


"Why be a 2nd rate version of someone else when you can be a 1st rate version of yourself."
                                                                                                                     - Judy Garland

                             Monroe's Estate Lawyer Roger Richman wanted to sue this!  
                                                                He's a creep.                      











No comments:

Post a Comment