Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PICTURES?

What happened?
Reinvention?
I know everything changes over time. BUT I don't think these pictures of Madonna are that far apart in time. I know the pressures of trying to look a certain way from 20 years ago. It's showbiz and it's an image driven business. I get it. Sometimes I think, when money is no object, celebrities can start to go over-board with chisel-happy doctors who are all too eager to take their money and chisel, pump, sculpt, slice, chop etc... I guess maybe the celebrity demands it.

I don't believe you have to look like you did 20 years ago. At some point you have to own and embrace your long accomplished life and say; "Ya I survived the muck, I made something of myself. I have the scars to prove it, and what? This is me! I'm older, smarter, wiser richer and cooler because I have a 1/2 Century life experience. I know things that you don't know because I made it up to this point. Don't ogle over my life's 'battle scars' when you yourself are on your way to getting your own battle scars soon - very soon...but hopefully not from a plastic surgeon on the Upper East Side of Manhattan."

No comments:

Post a Comment