Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 13, 2009

'IMPRESSIONISM' is a BIG SUCCESS!

Impressionistic painting by: Henri Matisse
Morphing by: MacAnthony Specht

My friend MacAnthony took a Matisse painting and morphed my face into it. It was so cool I had to use it for my flyers and ads.

So far so good with the shows here in Provincetown. I have finally landed on a good layout for the show. It's an action packed show called 'IMPRESSIONISM.' I do a lot of Voice Impressions crammed into a 1 hour show. So far the reviews are good and I feel good with the pace of it all. It's an energetic show and I keep threatening that I'm not going to make it for the 50-60 shows I have to do.

Original Matisse painting.

I've done 3 weeks so far (Thurs-Sun shows 9pm). My voice has surprised me lately by being very strong and good. I open the show with 'FASHIONISTA' and close with 'SUMMER SUN' but in between are a whole bunch of impressions: Billie Holiday, Eartha Kitt, Diana Ross, Patsy Cline, Bette Midler, Alicia Bridges, Sylvester, Cher, Elvis, Stevie Nicks, Bette Davis, Barbra Streisand, Lionel Richie, Judy Garland, Mae West and more...also video tributes to my Marilyn Years.

Today (my day off) I went to Hyannis with Jackie Beat and Suzanne Whang (from House Hunters). We went to see the movie "Bruno." For me it was hillarious! I laughed like crazy at the grossness and absurdity of it all. Sasha Baron Cohen is uncanny with what he does.

A lot of things are going on for me lately but I'm not announcing anything until it's all for sure.

Front and Back of flyer: I hate the retouching on the front. It's out of control but I was on deadline and it had to be done quickly. They distorted my face. Maybe I'll have it redone for the next batch. I also wanted the painting to be the front but the owner of the club was afraid it looked too solemn or sad, so I chickened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment