Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 4, 2009

PTOWN SHOW IS FINALLY COMING TOGETHER -YAY!

My show is finally coming together here in Ptown. My Stevie Nicks voice impression ("Gypsy") is going over very well and so is my new Elvis voice ("Don't Be Cruel"). Even I'm amazed at how I sound. I know that sounds arrogant, but sometimes when I practice, I really don't know how it's all going to sound until I sing it on the big sound system.

I also added Bette Midler ("Do You Wanna Dance"). I'm also doing a disco medley and Cher singing "Don't Leave Me This Way." When I saw Cher in Las Vegas she took out "Take Me Home" (one of my favorites) and instead sang "Don't Leave Me This Way." That's ok because I love that song too. It's a disco classic originally by Thelma Houston. As a kid I remember buying the vinyl 45 rpm. I played it in my room over and over and over.

Last week, my shows were "exploratory" if you will. I was kind of work-shopping the show. I think those people got special shows. They got to hear me trying to find my way around my abundant repertoire and my voice is always so good and fresh at the beginning of the Season.

People are lining up at The Post Office Cabaret and I'm so grateful. My calling has always been to entertain and it feels good to have a loyal following after all these years in this magical little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment